The Thirty Network is gathering 30 Asian American pastors and ministry directors in their 30s (and under) for 30 hours of honest conversations about life and ministry. This invitation-only event will connect 30 pastors into a relational community with access to mentoring, coaching, and ministry opportunities for the next 30 years.
What We’re Doing
The Gathering of the Thirty will consist of intimate and interactive discussions with one another to share, to grow, and to invest together in your ministry and leadership development. Every participant (and you!) will come as both a learner and a teacher; you will come both to receive and to share. At this gathering, we will have engaging conversations around topics like:
- shaping church culture,
- growing leadership and team-building skills,
- preparing and creating the future,
- coaching and staffing,
- and, topics that you want to talk about!
And, we’re intentionally making space during our gathering to hear from YOU! We want to be hear from and to have you speak into what the Thirty should be doing. We need your voices! We will also “shoulder-tap” a handful of you to speak in a short talk format like they do at Q and TED, to kickstart some of our topic discussions.
This gathering is not your typical conference with lectures; it will be a safe and trusted place for gaining wisdom for your challenges and insights for your life. To make it so, this inaugural gathering is by invitation only and space is limited.
Our special guest will be Stan Endicott. Stan is the co-founder of the Slingshot Group, a ministry of coaching next level leaders and staffing next level churches.
Stan Endicott has decades of ministry experiences as a worship leading, music producer, and church consultant. Stan has coached hundreds of today’s young leaders, produced several major worship albums, and directed teams in several internationally known ministries including Franklin Graham’s Samaritan’s Purse, Willow Creek Community Church, and Saddleback Church. Stan’s heart is for mentoring, “aiming”, and training young leaders. He has served ten years part-time on the worship staff at Mariners Church in Irvine, California. He and his wife Connie live in Irvine and they have five grandkids.
Sponsors + Hosts
Golf anyone? Come early on Monday 2/1 (8:30am-10:00am) and we will go out to a driving range together! Fun!
- Start: 8:30am @ February 1st, 2016 (Monday)
- End: 2:30pm @ February 2nd, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Place: BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North
(2700 Hotel Terrace, Santa Ana, CA 92705)
This is a hand-crafted list of registered attendees
- DJ Chuang, Ambassador Network / ReGenerant Network
- Kevin Nguyen, Saddleback Church Irvine South
- Sam Yoon, Saddleback Church Newport Mesa
- Angela Yee, Saddleback Church Irvine South
- Stan Endicott, Slingshot Group
- Paul Sohn, leadership transformation consultant at GiANT Worldwide
- Dan Nam, Bethel Korean Church, Irvine
- Justin Kim, Bethel Korean Church, Irvine
- Pete Sung, Evergreen Baptist Church of LA, Rosemead
- Kevin Lee, Saddleback Church
- Gene Kim, Rock Church, San Diego
- Nathaniel San, Regeneration Church, Pomona
- Michael Kim, Disciple Community Church
- Ray Chang, Ambassador Network
Caleb AuYoung, Chinese Bible Church of San Diego
- Helicon Kuan, CEFCSB, Santa Barbara
- Eddie Park, EvFree Fullerton
- Hyo Kim, Young Nak Celebration Church
- Lee Nguyen, Kaleo Mission Church
- John Shin, City on a Hill Church, Brea
- Mike Ahn, Biola University, La Mirada
- Sergio Gomes, Crossway Community Church
- Wilson Wang, Renew Church OC
- John Ng, Restoration
Victor Chayasirisobhon, First Southern Baptist Church of Anaheim
- Thien Doan, Citylights Church
- Christian Vang
- Paul Wang, Rock Chinese Church of Austin
- Billy Kim, Sa-Rang Community Church
- Hisashi “Tobi” Ishitobi, RIZE Church
- Sam Koh, Hillside
- Chris Yi, Hillside
- Paul Lee, Crossway Community Church
- Marc Vinzon, Mariners Church
- Daniel Pyon, Woodbridge Community Church, APU
- Stephen Liu, Tritone Music Academy
Steve Choi, Crossway Community Church, Brea
Who is the Thirty Network?
Catch the vision and hear the back story at the.thirty.network
What does the registration fee cover?
Your registration fee will include all 4 delicious meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, and snacks) plus 1-night hotel accommodation on site at the event venue. For your hotel stay, you’ll be paired up with a roommate—add preference during registration.
Will there be free WiFi?
Yes, and so much more! The BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North has many amenities, including: free breakfast, free parking, hot tub, fitness center, free WiFi, and more.
Is this a think tank or focus group?
More focus group than think tank. We think of this as more of a team huddle and launching pad. We’re convening the young leaders that are actively contributing and shaping the present future of local churches. And in that sense, yes, this will be focus group of the sharpest 20s & 30s Asian American church leaders so that we hear the best ideas to resource younger leaders and to develop next steps for the Thirty (and friends of the Thirty).
What if I don’t golf?
If you don’t golf, that’s okay, some of us will be hangin’ out at the hotel. Or you could sleep in. The formal program will start at 10:30am on Monday.
How are you managing the event’s finances?
We wanted to keep the registration fee affordable for young leaders by inviting sponsors to help cover the event’s expenses. Special thanks to Slingshot Group and Ambassador Network for their support to make this inaugural event possible.
Note about payment: The Thirty Network is part of the Ambassador Network family; credit card payment will be shown as “Ambassador Network”.
Want more details?
We’d love to tell you more about this gathering, so just give us a call and we can talk!
DJ Chuang (949-243-7260) email@example.com
Kevin Nguyen (909-248-4466) firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Yoon (714-514-6625) email@example.com
Angela Yee (949-609-8010) firstname.lastname@example.org
John Shin (213-272-1163) email@example.com